Monday, October 31, 2016

Review of How to raise a smart ass by Lucia Walinchus




Book Name         - How to raise a smart ass
Author                  - Lucia Walinchus
Publisher              - Pronoun
Number of Pages -116
Publishing Year   - 2016
Edition                  - Kindle
Price                     -$15
Buy books from Amazon

Rating : 4.5



Parenting is not an easy job.  Well, it cannot be counted as a job even. Because you opted to go for it, it's your duty to complete it with sincerity and most important patience. Lucia Walinchus,through her book 'How to raise a smartass' tells us how this opted job changed her life for good. 

Apparently I am still to overcome the shock about how the pregnancies of two individuals can be the same. That too, two women living in two different place, two different continents for that matter. Like Lucia, mine was also termed fast Labour,  like her my next delivery was emergency c-Section due to cord issues, like her I too have three kids,like her I too am the butt wiper category, like her I too had really,  I mean really really bad time shopping with them. The list goes on and on. I'm sure we are not the only ones out there. There would be lakhs of mothers with a similar life.

One difference  I could see in the whole scenario was that authoress is way too patient wherein I was the ogre type who lose it so easily. Hence the book can be counted on as an example of how we should calm our nerves and handle your kids peacefully. Sometimes I even felt if she is exaggerating, I mean how is it possible for someone to possess so much of patience!

When I read the title, I expected a parenting help book which tells you what to do when it goes like this and such stuffs. But this is anecdotes of a mother's life when three naughty cuties entered her life. Lucia has engaged the readers with her quirky, murky, witty narration which made the readers want more and more. Nevertheless, towards the end, I felt like there were a lot of repetitions or may be because I am a mother, the pedictability killed the fun. Or is it something else? I can't really place it but something was amiss. 
Overall the book is a full on entertainer.
I received this book as a complimentary copy in exchange for a honest review from the publisher.

About the author


Lucia Walinchus is an award-winning journalist, author and ice hockey addict. She has written more than 500 articles for various publications throughout her career and was recently named to the 2016 Fulbright Berlin Capital Program. She has been featured as a guest speaker on CNN and is a contracted freelancer for the New York Times. Walinchus currently lives in Oklahoma because she enjoys wide, flat golf courses that make her think she isn’t actually that bad.